Wednesday, August 11, 2010

All things bright and beautiful...The Lord God made them all

This afternoon I decided it was time to try some more macro...I was reminded of how much I would like a macro lens. Holding the lens on backwards is so hard, especially when it is windy!

(Not macro - just telephoto lens) This is one of my favorite flowers. It is about the size of a small sand-dollar, and packed with color!
 
This is with a flipped lens, "zoomed all the way in" (That makes it a little more distant)
 
This is with a flipped lens, not zoomed. A big difference!
This is a variety of Yarrow. The flowers are pretty tiny...

 And this is the center of one of them.

We have some gorgeous lilies growing in our front yard.

 Isn't the detail beautiful?
 
This flower is about the size of 3 pinheads.

 This flower makes me feel happy...

Echinacea

 Baby Echinacea


3 comments:

  1. Sarah these are amazing! ! !
    Think of you often... I'm so thankful for the time we had together that week in Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kaylene...I've been having lots of fun, although I feel like I want to travel now! There are only so many pictures on ones own property :)

    I loved our time as well! It was so fun to get to know you better. Come up again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with these flowers! Sarah, here is my business blog http://barefootmaiden3.blogspot.com/2010/10/photo-shoot-by-black-sand-beach_08.html

    brightstars is more my fun loving blog. :)

    I have so much I want to tell you :)

    ReplyDelete